Tuesday 1 May 2018

Major Project - Final Lighting and Sky.

For my portrayal of the "Dreamscape" environment my desire was to create an environment that was to feel surreal in its scale, by that I meant almost the idea of standing in a void that never ends. But I also wanted a blue sky and a sense of being grounded, so I have set up this skydome so that it appears you're almost standing on a cloud line (think when you're flying on a plane and look down on the cloud line below you and how it almost looks like a snowy ground)

I also added a ShadowMatte plane for my floor level as to achieve the shadows on a surface that cleanly transitions between sky and ground, blurring the perception of when one ends and the other begins.

I've included some test renders to give an idea.



Different Source Light Angle.



No comments:

Post a Comment