Saturday 14 October 2017

Major Project - Mixed Media Examples.

Over the last couple of weeks Alan, Phil and I have been discussing the idea of my Major Project centering around the building process of Airfix Kits, and what they meany symbolically to me throughout my life.


A development that Phil and I have been deliberating is the concept of the of the project featuring a mixed media approach to the film, featuring a mix of real world footage and computer generated imagery. So before I have a script ready I thought I would show some examples of similar films that Phil and I have found. 

Tom Grigat - Stopmotion Model Builder.


The Model Maker from Callum Lawrence on Vimeo.

PESfilm - Stopmotion Studio.

Mid Credits Animation from Kubo And The Two Strings - Studio LAIKA

I have also included this Vox feature about CG animation that is made to look like stopmotion by respecting the physical rules of the objects they're animating, and using lighting and camera techniques featured in stopmotion fan films.

1 comment: