Monday 16 October 2017

Major Project - Early Narrative and Film Concept.

Phil and I have been discussing the idea of what Airfix kits mean to me now and what impact they had on me when I was younger. I mentioned how in my youth I was a very accident prone child and didn't really have great motor skills so I would frequently break my own belongings by accident or mess something up I was trying to make. But I have also always been someone who prefers perfection, so I always tried to make things perfect and flawless but actually lacked the care and precision to make anything the way I wanted, so I would commonly reject the items and hide them away.

The way the project is heading at the moment is a mixed media animated documentary narrated by myself where I recall the experiences of when I was younger and struggling with my perfection stigma combined with my ham handedness, and how I now learned over those years to overcome my lack of delicacy and clumsiness and became careful and could control myself better, so I can now build something as perfect as I want as long as I take the time.

Here are some key images I put together that relate to the narrative, in order from left to right descending; A lego tower, messy paints, an unfinished Airfix kit, a completed Airfix kit, a messy drawing (lack of careful precision), a broken toy car, and an old action figure missing limbs.

And here is the first draft of the basic narration that Phil and I have made through email sessions based on my answers to questions about my past and feelings associated with Airfix modelling and my perfection obsession, I will use this as the basis for my narration.
Now I am beginning the process of figuring out how I can apply visuals to the narration in a way that fits the documentary style but implements the more artistic and symbolic parts of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment